Tuesday, December 11, 2007

November 16, 2189 [2300 U.T.]

Dear Diary,

We are now in orbit around the volcanic planet of Gamma Serpentis. The U.S.S. Sulaco is tumbling in orbit around this miserable rock about 500 meters in front of our ship. To my dismay, we have received the orders from Network to board this 400-meter ship wreck and have a look. If I’m honest, I’m starting to doubt if we will find anything intact. The ship is badly scarred. There is a light cloud of debris surrounding the ship. Hell, I can hear bits of debris hitting the hull of our ship. What exactly happened to her is anyone’s guess.

However, some of us are starting to get a little suspicious. The medical eggheads brought with them all sorts of strange equipment. Some of us are starting to question what the real objective of the mission is. Hell, Johnson said he overheard these medical nerds talking about some sort of creature that might be aboard the Sulaco. I’m starting to think this is more like a research operation. What exactly are they expecting to find in the Sulaco? Whatever it is they are looking for, I doubt it is human.

To add to this, Wilson is starting his whole “I have a bad feeling about this” bullshit, but for once I’m actually with him. It’s hard to explain, but just looking at Sulaco gives me the creeps and it’s ridiculous! It’s just a fucking ship! We built the damn thing, and yet I can’t help but think that it is not ours. It’s almost as if it was an alien vessel, which is absurd. It’s the sister ship of the piece of shit I’m standing in right now, and yet I can’t help but think that it is from another world. What the fuck?

Anyways, tomorrow the boarding party will try to restore the ship’s power, if there is anything left in her emergency system, that is. If they are successful, they might be able to restore the ship’s atmosphere, which will make our job a lot easier. With any luck, we might even be able to get her tumbling under control. Even though our mission is to pull the ship away from her decaying orbit, I can’t help but think that what the company people want is not the ship, but whatever they think is inside. A lot of us are really starting to question what our mission is. These company people have been acting strange ever since we arrived.
We’ll have to wait and see.

-A.

No comments: