Wednesday, December 12, 2007

November 21, 2189 [0400 U.T.]

It was a good thing that the Tonoro’s computer was keeping track of everyone’ vital signs and radio communication between each marine. This made piecing the events together much easier, since Hendick didn’t provide much information in the few entries she made in her diary. By 0400, the team had found traces of the alien. Most of these traces were small acid burns and pieces of skin the alien was shedding(24). However, they still couldn’t find it and they knew they had to find it before it grew into an adult, which the company people said was only a matter of hours. The Tonoro had sent a message(25) to network informing them on the situation.

All of the EEVs on the Tonoro were put on standby. The team had divided into three groups(26). Each group had one of the company medical officers with them. The ship was divided into three sections (“Head,” “Mid,” and “Aft”), each group was in charge of searching their section and to report if they found anything. The problem they had was the ship itself. The Conestoga class ship is 385 meters long, 105 meters high, and 77 meters wide with 12 decks. There are thousands of places an alien can hide; ventilation shafts, subflooring, cargo holds, utility closets, etc. The challenge they faced was immense. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to find an alien on my ship. The Auriga is almost ten times the size of the Tonoro. It’s easy to get lost in this ship!

We know that this alien species has an exoskeleton. As it grows, it needs to shed its outer layers.

U.S.S. Tonoro C172689 to Network Comcon 01500 –
Pvt. Johnson R19523 – Dead – impregnated by facehugger.
Xenomorph presence in vessel – current location – unknown.
EEVs on standby
Request rescue vessel if needed.
Awaiting response.
Time – 03:29:07 U.T. – 11/21/2189

Group 1 consisted of Lieutenant Gorman, Bishop, Private Lewis, and Dr. Maxwell. Group 2 Consisted of Sergeant Wilman, Private Hendrick, Private Stevens, and Dr. Lydecker(26-1). Group 3 Consisted of Corporal Wilson(26-2), Private Everson, Private Henn(26-3), and Dr. Brunel(26-4). Group 1 was assigned to the Head section, Group 2 got Mid section, and Group 3 got the Aft section. Everyone was to report back to Gorman if they found anything.

Dr. Gregory Lydecker, born July 3, 2152 in Sapporo, Japan, was the second medical officer of the mission. He graduated from the University of Tokyo in the same class as Dr. Maxwell (class of 2177). His first job was as a medical instructor for the University of Tokyo. In 2183, he joined Weyland-Yutani and worked as an assistant medical officer on the waste management vessel U.S.C.S.S. Kurtz III until 2185. He was assigned as third medical officer on the Weyland-Yutani research vessel Pandora. Lydecker was one of the eight survivors (out of a crew of 17) of the Pandora biological contamination incident of 2186(26-1-1). In September of 2186, Lydecker returned to the Kurtz III as her medical officer until December, 2187. In March 2188, he was briefly assigned as third medical officer on the Patna, where he met his old friend Dr. Maxwell. In June, 2188, Lydecker transferred to Gateway Station and worked as a doctor until May of 2189, when he was transferred to the military installation on Fomalhaut, where he joined the Tonoro for the mission.

On February 18, 2186, the Pandora was evacuated when a virus escaped into the ventilation system. Nine of the Pandora’s crew members were infected with the virus. Four died aboard the Pandora, the other five died in the escape vehicle. The survivors were treated for minor symptoms of the disease, but were released from hospital within a week of being rescued.

Corporal Alexander Wilman was born on June 12, 2142 in Sydney, Australia. He joined the Marine Corps immediately after graduating from high school in 2161. He was first assigned to the base of Altair in 2162, where he gradually moved up the ranks. He became a Corporal in 2167 and received an honorary medal for his effort in the hostage incident of 2169 on the Weyland-Yutani freighter U.S.C.S.S. Vancouver. Four out of the seven terrorists were apprehended, the other three were killed in the gun fight. Luckily, no hostages were killed. In 2172, Wilman’s squad made a brief stop on LV-426. They were picked up a week later by the U.S.S. Sulaco. In August of 2179, Wilman joined the effort to search for the Sulaco after Network lost contact with her. After failing to find the Sulaco, Wilman returned to Earth until 2186, when he was transferred to Fomalhaut.

Private Jennifer Henn, born October 24, 2170 St. Petersburg, Russia, is the youngest marine on the Tonoro. She had joined the Marine Corp only three months earlier after graduating from high school.

Dr. David Brunel II was born in Washington D.C., United States on March 13, 2157. Son of a D.C. doctor, he attended the University of Pittsburgh to study medicine. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2170 and worked as a doctor in Washinton D.C. His family moved to London, England to start their own business. In August 2178, Brunel moved to Gateway station and worked as a doctor there until mid 2187. He joined Weyland-Yutani in September of 2187 and worked as a medical officer on the U.S.C.S.S. Landra. He was assigned to the U.S.S. Tonoro for the mission to the Sulaco.

No comments: